Google+ RSS TwitterTwitter The Marshwah ProjectYouTube

Select a stream: Life | Writing | Travel | Digital | Business

05 November, 2011

'Nam Baby


I'm starting to sound like a broken record. I'm on a plane again. This time it's Vietnam and I'm grateful as always for the opportunity to travel. I have a lot of friends in Singapore that find it pretty easy to jump on the "it's boring" bandwagon (myself included).

It's times like these when I realise I'm an ungrateful idiot.

I'm travelling with a mate from work and the trip was booked at short notice for a very modest price. It's a public holiday in Singapore on Monday so it's a semi-extended trip, but that doesn't mean the travel has to. This week I'm off to Sydney to work I'm quite excited about returning there as my last two jaunts to Australia have been to Melbourne. It will be good to return to the spot where I forged my career, not to mention seeing all my wonderful friends.

I managed to update my vlog again, I'm up to my eigth entry, appropriately titled: "Marshwah travelling". Check it out if you like at: http://www.youtube.com/marshwah

I'd embed it within my blog, but I'm on a plane and find such coding difficult given the lack of Internet.

It's been quite a fun project and I've enjoyed having a laugh with it. It does shit-all traffic, even this blog bests it, which has been a bit of a blow to the ego given my threads on Inthemix used to inspire dozens of comments. But it's a new platform and I'll persevere - it's good to have projects on the go.

I've started another project as well that's a bit closer to home, but I'm keeping quiet about it for now, I think I'm going to give it a few weeks before I start advertising what it's about.

Gosh I love the Internet and what it lets you get up to.

Well it looks like we're landing earlier than I anticipated as there was a bit more I want to say, we'll see how we go on the brief trip back to Singapore.

10 comments:

  1. hey marsh I like your blog, what's Inthemix? Can you link it in your next update? Also, where are you going in Vietnam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... also, what's a "recrod"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the real carlo07 November, 2011

    hey marsh what happened to my last comment? Safe travels fella, someone is pretending to be carlo and making useless comments but this is the real carlo here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm... no idea who "the real" me is. Is inthemix the trance music website? Googling now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the real carlo08 November, 2011

    HEY WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PICK A DIFFERENT NAME AND MAKE YOUR OWN COMMENTS ON MARSH'S BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. the real carlo09 November, 2011

    Oh, & sorry for shouting Marsh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the first carlo who made comments on this blog09 November, 2011

    hey Marsh I like your videos I didn't know you had a youtube channel. You say some funny stuff, and when you sing "Heres Jonny" I also love that! Also can you write back on this blog instead of this OTHER STUPID FUKWIT who keeps copying the names I use when I write comments. Also what are your other hobbies apart from your novel>?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marshwah you have a unique ability to write about the mundane goings-on of your life in quite a grandiose way. Watching these two idiots above fighting about it is like watching two hobos fighting over a half-chewed hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what did you make for dinner Marsh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. rancho right? yeah? You're the one writing nearly all these comments (painfully, and hopefully for your sake intentionally, obvious), right?
    I remember the days when I thought trolling like this was heaps funny.
    Then I realised that all it did was blare to all and sundry just... how... much... time... I spent on this stuff. As in, TOO much. So much so that I realised I was coming across as a bit of a twat who cared way too much about banal internet interactions with other twats on a pissant backwater website that no one gave too much of a fuck about.
    So yeah... Now you're in the frame. Good work.

    ReplyDelete