Google+ RSS TwitterTwitter The Marshwah ProjectYouTube

Select a stream: Life | Writing | Travel | Digital | Business

23 February, 2012

Think Positive

Today I found out about a campaign being done by South Australia Health to demystify mental illness. I'm a big fan of the TVCs I've seen - they're well-produced, play on an insight, and are touching.

It's hard not to feel for this guy

As someone that's dealt with mental illness, I guess the issue hits a soft-spot. I know what it's like to go through issues such as the ones displayed in the commercials, and can totally relate. It can be bloody awkward having to explain away absences and inability to do simple tasks, and it takes a lot of energy to take command of what is typically a banal social situation.

Yesterday, I announced a new direction for the blog. I'm aiming to get my own story published by employing my own style. I've got a strategy and intend to execute it. This blog is about those attempts. And hopefully the story will eventually transcend and hit the audience I want it to. There's still a massive gap to be closed between suffering silently and being able to talk about it and I want to illustrate that it is possible to succeed.

 
Now with rapid-fire editing

My approach is a bit more in your face, but sometimes you have to jump up and down and shout loudly to get your message across.

It's good to see other people going about their business and trying their best too, I'd love to see the commercials I've mentioned being shown at a federal level rather than state.

Until such a time that I'm satisfied, this mental will be promoting himself unashamedly.
You've been warned.




No comments:

Post a Comment